Heart Disease Beware: Five Reasons to Scan and Assess Your Risk for Heart Disease
Heart disease is the top killer among men and women, and a low-cost 15-minute coronary calcium scan can provide quick, easy-to-understand results that can help determine yours or a loved one’s risk for having a heart attack.
The top five reasons to schedule a scan:
- The coronary calcium scan is fast, painless and effective. The imaging test takes 10-15 minutes, and you receive your results within 48 hours.
- Knowledge is power. Even if your results reveal a higher risk for heart disease, there are simple lifestyle changes you can make to manage your health.
- Besides assessing risk factors like cholesterol and family history, many cardiologists view the coronary calcium scan as one of the best available tests for measuring cardiac risk.
- A picture is worth a thousand words. Seeing a visual representation of your results can help motivate you to make changes, or reassure you that you are on the right track to good heart health.
- Your family and friends are counting on you to be around for the long haul. Taking 15 minutes today could add years to your life.
This test only costs $79 and is available at Aurora Denver Cardiology Associates at The Medical Center of Aurora, Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center (Denver), Sky Ridge Medical Center (Lone Tree) and Centennial Medical Plaza. This test does require a physician visit, so what are you waiting for? Schedule an appointment with an ADCA physician for a coronary calcium scan today at 844-440-1830 or visit www.adcacardiology.com Editor's Note:This article was submitted by Sundeep Viswanathan, M.D., FACC, a board-certified and fellowship-trained cardiologist who practices with Aurora Denver Cardiology Associates at The Medical Center of Aurora. For more information about the coronary calcium heart scan, please call 844-440-1830.
|Book / Edition
Colorado - Denver North Metro
Colorado - Denver South Metro