Articles :: Professional Services and Resources

Let Us Help You Stay Comfortable - For Free!

Bosie, ID

Did you know Idaho Power has programs for our income-qualified customers, including seniors, to receive FREE whole-house energy efficiency upgrades? 

To help improve comfort and lower electricity use, our weatherization programs provide energy efficiency improvements for customers with electrically-heated homes, apartments and manufactured homes. The improvements will also improve your home’s air quality, health and safety. The programs are available for both owners and renters. 

FREE upgrades may include:

  • New and additional insulation in attics, walls and under floors
  • New furnace or furnace tune-ups
  • New vinyl windows and exterior doors
  • Air leaks, duct and ventilation sealing 

These upgrades help keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. They may also help reduce your energy bill! 

Benefits You’ll Love

When we weatherize a home, we do as much as we can to save energy and provide a healthy and comfortable living environment for those who need it most.

Through these weatherization programs, our customers will also learn how to use energy wisely, identify additional ways to help reduce heating and cooling costs, and learn how to use new equipment in their home, such as a programmable thermostat. 

With a Little Help from Our Friends

Idaho Power’s weatherization programs are brought to our customers through valued partnerships with local Community Action Partnership (CAP) agencies in Idaho and Oregon. The CAP agencies have trained and certified weatherization auditors and crews to ensure energy efficiency improvements meet standards set by the Department of Energy. 

To see if you qualify for this program, please review the income qualifications below, and contact your local CAP agency. We hope you take advantage of these no-cost programs. We know you’ll be glad you did! 

Income Qualifications:


Family Size

Idaho Customers Who Earn Less Than (Monthly):

Oregon Customers Who Earn Less Than (Monthly):

















CAP Agencies: 

  • El Ada Community Action Partnership
    Elmore, Ada and Owyhee counties 208-322-1242
  • Metro Community Services
    Canyon, Gem, Payette, Boise, Washington, Valley and Adams counties

  • Community in Action
    Malheur County

Editor’s Note: This article was submitted by Idaho Power’s Customer Care Team. Questions? Reach them at 1-800-632-6605.


Contact Details