PA Link & You Working Together
The mission of the PA Link to Aging and Disability Resources is to improve access to long term services and supports for individuals, their loved ones and caregivers, regardless of age, income, or ability, through an integrated network of partner agencies committed to expanding the use of community based solutions, promoting person centered decision making, and enhancing the quality of services. PA Link provides a myriad of services including:
• Person-Centered Counseling (PCC) - Is a program designed to guide Pennsylvanians on the wide range of public and private resources available, based on an individual’s needs, preferences, values, and strengths with a focus on an individuals prioritized goals.
• Information + Referral/Assistance -“No Wrong Door” access ensuring that linkages to appropriate services and programs are provided with minimal confusion to the individual.
• Benefits Counseling and Application Assistance - Assisting with awareness, understanding and access to public and private resources to obtain services to remain as independent as possible in a chosen setting.
• Partnership Development and Training's - Opportunity for professional networking to share ideas and best practices. Providing free or low-cost trainings to increase knowledge and skill sets of agency staff.
• Community Outreach and Education - Information and education provided to the general public to inform them of available resources, access to those resources and how to connect to long term services and supports.
• Person-Centered Transition Support - Transitions between systems, programs, settings and life stages, such as nursing home transition, youth transition and military reintegration.
• Quality Assurance - Collection of data vital for programming, grant preparation and service system improvements.
To contact the PA Link just call 1-800-753-8827
Editor’s Note: This article was submitted by Ginger Monsted. Ginger is the Link Cumberland Coordinator and Service Area 9 Coordinator.
|Book / Edition
Pennsylvania - South Central PA