Talk to a Local Resource Specialist, it’s Free! Call 800-201-9989


Share This

For more information on the author, Perfect Solutions for Seniors, CLICK HERE!

What is the difference?


When you or your loved one needs care in your home it is important to know the difference between what kind of care is needed.


A caregiver or companion is a person who assists you with light housekeeping of your home ( wiping down counters, vacuuming, moping etc.), laundry, meal preparation, and companionship.  A caregiver can provide verbal cueing to assist with dressing and verbal reminders for medication.

Once a person is needing hands-on care such as hands on assistance with bathing, dressing, and other activities of daily living, this is known as personal care.

In the state of Florida an agency that provides personal care is required to be licensed by the state and have a licensure with the Agency of Healthcare Administration (AHCA) who ensures established statutes and regulations are followed by the said agency.

When looking for an agency to provide personal care please ensure they are licensed with AHCA and also are insured. This is meant to protect you and your loved one.

Item Details

Book / Edition
Florida - Sarasota, Bradenton & Charlotte Counties