- This event has passed.
MINNETONKA MEMORY CAFE
February 19 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am CST
An event every month that begins at 10:00am on day Third of the month, repeating until February 20, 2020
A memory café is a welcoming place for people with cognitive impairment and their caregivers to socialize and share experiences. This café experience is facilitated by a licensed social worker from Senior Community Services.
Third Tuesday of every month
Starting Tuesday, Feb 20, 2018
Minnetonka Community Center,
Minnetonka Mills Room
14600 Minnetonka Blvd.
Minnetonka, MN 55345
- Create: Stay in the moment with an arts activity led by an instructor experienced working with seniors and dementia from the Minnetonka Center for the Arts.
- Connect: Enjoy coffee, a snack and a chance to socialize and meet other families living with dementia.
- Stretch: Try a short exercise activity for people with all abilities designed by the YMCA.
- Learn: Check out books, resources and programs about living with dementia from Hennepin County Library and the Minnetonka Community Center.
- Relax: A trained nursing assistant or caregiver experienced in helping people living with dementia will be on-site to assist individuals as needed
- Register: Call Senior Services at 952-939-8393. Special needs or barriers can be accommodated.
The Minnetonka Memory Café is part of the City of Minnetonka’s continuing efforts to make Minnetonka a more dementia-friendly community. This café is brought to you by the City of Minnetonka, Hennepin County Library, Minnetonka Center for the Arts, Minnetonka Senior Services, Ridgedale YMCA and Senior Community Services.