The purpose of this activity is to provide the participant current, evidenced-based information to assist them in meeting the complex needs of the neurocritical care patient.
This activity is designed for physicians, nurses, advanced practice clinicians, pharmacists and other health care providers who care for neurocritical care patients.
- Integrate evidence-based guidelines in the care of the neurocritical care patient.
- Describe the latest management for aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Review the rationale and when to consider WATCHMAN device.
- Explain diagnosis and management of central diabetes insipidus.
- Distinguish cerebral salt wasting versus syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone in the evaluation of hyponatremia.
- Review cancer types associated with stroke.
- Discuss clinical presentation and differential diagnosis of cancer-related strokes.
- Evaluate tailored treatment modalities for tumor-related strokes.
- Select an appropriate direct oral anticoagulant for stroke patients.
For more information, please visit our website at https://ce.med.psu.edu/neurocritical-care/
- Virtual South Central PA Event
- Penn State Continuing Education
- (717) 531-6483