|Company:||Aging Services Foundation|
Seeking New Board Treasurer
The Aging Services Foundation of Boulder County (ASF), a nonprofit tax-exempt Colorado 501c3 public
charity, is recruiting a new member to its voluntary Board of Directors to serve as Treasurer. The mission
of the ASF is to support and advance innovative solutions that encourage well-being, independence, and
dignity for Boulder County’s older adults and family caregivers. Most of the ASF’s activities are in
support of the mission, activities, and programs of the Boulder County Area Agency on Aging (BCAAA).
The Board of Directors works to accomplish ASF’s mission and realize its vision of a community in which
we all can age well. Board members are expected to serve in three-year increments. The Board
Treasurer is elected at the annual meeting and holds office for a one-year renewable term, or until a
successor is elected and qualified.
The Treasurer is the principal finance officer of the foundation and is responsible for all funds and
securities of the organization. The ideal candidate has at least some exposure to business or nonprofit
financial management and is knowledgeable of the tools necessary for understanding and
communicating the financial activities and performance of a small nonprofit organization. The Treasurer
is expected to have a demonstrated interest in the mission of the ASF.
• Oversees the Board’s financial responsibilities.
• Works with BCAAA leadership and accounting staff to ensure that financial reports are made
available to the Board on a timely basis. Summarizes and reports on financial activities and
standing at each board meeting.
• Assists BCAAA and Board leadership in preparing the annual budget.
• Serves as Chair of the Finance Committee, as needed.
• Works with the Finance Committee and Board leadership to develop fiscal policies for
recommendation to the Board, to ensure financial integrity and sustainability.
• Keeps current on the information of legal, regulatory and sector developments relating to the
Board’s financial responsibilities.
• Reviews and approves the organization’s annual 990EZ filing to the IRS.
• At least three years professional experience working in some financial capacity, which could
include financial planning/advising, accounting, bookkeeping, financial management, etc.
• Prior experiences that demonstrates an ability to meet the expectations of the role.
• Is interested in making Boulder County a more age-friendly and livable community for everyone
• Committed to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of Treasurer