|Address:||900 Skokie Boulevard, Suite 212|
|Company:||Open Arms Solutions|
Discover the difference you can make with a rewarding job that provides a sense of accomplishment and gratification knowing you will have a major impact on our clients and their families!
Open Arms Solutions is an award-winning agency that is licensed, bonded and insured. We are driven by our mission to provide Home Care and Nursing Services to aging, ill or recovering clients allowing them to live independently at every stage of their life. We are passionate about bringing joy, independence and peace of mind to Seniors and their family. We are also passionate about hiring the team members that live our core values of Compassion, Positivity, Teamwork Going Above and Beyond and Doing the Right Thing.
Why work for Open Arms? We offer you as an employee:
- Professional Development
- Group Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability and a 401K program
- Employee Referral Program
- Holiday pay and PTO
- Competitive wages
- Direct Deposit
What will you do as a Dementia Program Director?
The Dementia Program Director is responsible for the oversight, implementation, management, marketing and ongoing improvement of the Embrace Program by Open Arms which is the Memory Care at Home specialized dementia services program. The overall objective of these services is to establish strong support via Open Arms Solutions, intended to improve the quality of life for clients with dementia by providing person-centered care which focus on their abilities and uniqueness, engages the client in activities that increases their self-worth, improves the caregiver experience with the client, and provides families with support and education. The Dementia Program Director will:
- Assess the dementia client’s needs to a specific care plan
- Provide family support, training and resources
- Train and coach caregivers and support staff to best practices in dementia care
- Participate in community events related to dementia and dementia care
- Consultation and making recommendation for clients with distressed behaviors
- Be the expert in dementia care and conduct speaking engagements at trade associations, professional resource groups, etc.
- Network with key influencers in the industry
- Develop and integrate new programming to maintain the highest quality of care for our clients and ensure that our organization remains on the forefront of dementia home care
What are the key skills you will need to have in this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree in social service field required, Master’s degree preferred
- Must have 5 years of dementia care experience and 2 years of creative marketing experience and a change agent.
- Must have excellent time management experience and organizational skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills, strong professional written and oral communication skills both verbal and in writing
- Home care and case management experience preferred
- Strong assessment skills and dementia experience are required.
- Alzheimer’s and dementia education and training experience are required
- Ability to coach and train team members