|Address:||18200 S Cicero Ave|
|City:||Country Club Hills|
|Company:||Windsor Estates Nursing and Rehabilitation|
Windsor Estates Nursing & Rehab is a newly built 200 Bed Skilled Nursing Facility located in Country Club Hills, Illinois. Windsor Estates is looking for a motivated and skilled Maintenance Supervisor to join our team!
The primary purpose of your position is to supervise the day-to-day activities of the Maintenance department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Environmental Manager or the Administrator, to assure that our facility is maintained in a safe and comfortable manner. As the Maintenance Supervisor you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability necessary to carry out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential function of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is
similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
- Inspects and repairs HVAC equipment cooling units, heating units, hot water systems, ventilation equipment, and other standard equipment.
- Repairs and installs drywall including mudding, taping and sanding.
- Paints walls.
- Performs minor plumbing repairs, including unplugging, repairing, and replacing toilets, lavatories, sinks and replacing faulty gate and ball valves.
- Shovels snow and scatters ice melt to insure safe passage for residents, public and other employees AT ALL TIMES.
- Performs minor electrical repairs including replacing faulty outlets, switches and other electrical apparatus.
- Assists in setting maintenance standards as well as establishing a preventative maintenance program.
- Establishes Hazardous Materials program as well as a Tag out, Lock out program.
- Performs general rough and finish carpentry as well as rough and finish concrete work.
- Performs general landscaping, yard work including mowing, cleanup and other types of general yard work.
- Coordinates daily maintenance services with nursing services when performing maintenance assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas.
- Performs administrative requirements (i.e., completing necessary forms, reports, etc.) and submit to the Facility Administrator as necessary.
- Insures an adequate supply of maintenance supplies is available to perform tasks.
- Insures equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Ability to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Ability not to pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the work place.
- Skill in the use of the sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Ability to meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility, which include a medical and physical examination.
- Ability to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of three feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of three feet.
- Knowledge of current maintenance practices and procedures in the long-term care facility.
- Knowledge of modern management techniques.
- Knowledge of current personnel rules, regulations and the laws that govern personnel actions.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., of the Maintenance Department.
- Skill in the use and operation of various hand tools and power equipment.
It is highly likely that while performing the essential functions of this position you will be exposed to blood or body fluids.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisor: 2 years (Required)
- Maintenance in a healthcare setting: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
If you are interested in this position please call 708-798-2272