The Alzheimer’s Association is here for you day or night – whenever you need us. Our free 24/7 HelpLine allows people with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia, caregivers, families and the general public to:
* Speak confidentially with our master’s-level care consultants for decision-making support, crisis assistance and education on issues families face every day.
* Learn about the signs of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
* Find out about local programs and services for individuals with dementia, caregivers, family and friends.
* Get general information about medications and other treatment options, and legal, financial and care decisions.
* Receive help in their preferred language through our bilingual staff or translation service, which accommodates more than 200 languages.
We are ready to talk when you are. Whether you need information about the disease, caregiving, local resources, problem solving through complex care issues, or you just want to talk to someone who gets it— we are here for you—and as close as your telephone. The people on our HelpLine are handpicked for this work and carefully trained. They receive over 100 hours of new-hire training as well as on-going coaching and training every month. Some of them have been with us for 5-10 years or more. You are not calling someone’s pager or waking someone up. Our team is staffed round the clock, waiting for your call. This is part of our mission and we feel honored to assist in any way we can. So please keep our number handy 1.800.272.3900 and call us any time 24/7—we’re here to help. Alzheimer’s Association, Greater Idaho Chapter