It is important to take care of your affairs and to get your house in order, not just for you, but for the ones you love.
Much like the health care advance directive (also known as a living will) that addresses a medical crisis, the Personal Wishes Organizer addresses one’s death; both provide the needed direction for emotional family members.
The Personal Wishes Organizer simplifies the decision-making process during difficult times. Here are five benefits of planning ahead:
- PEACE OF MIND: Written instructions relieve you of the worry that your family will be burdened with making difficult decisions and selections at a stressful time.
- INFLATION-PROOF GUARANTEE: Should you decide to fund your prearrangement’s; all the services and merchandise are guaranteed 100 percent at today’s funeral costs.
- SAFETY OF YOUR FUNDS: Funds are invested in a special kind of life insurance, which is designed solely to cover your funeral expense. Funding has great benefits, including payment plans (no, you don’t have to pay the entire funeral cost upfront), and transferable – should you move to another area.
- PROTECTION FROM THE NURSING HOME: Unlike other investments (including cash value or traditional life insurance) that you own, the dollars you place into a pre-need funeral policy will not count as assets when you enter a nursing home. This policy can be made irrevocable and is exempt. Your money cannot be touched by the state, and remains in your policy to cover your funeral expense.
- IT’S A GREAT INVESTMENT: With low interest rates offered on other investments, putting your money toward this policy makes good sense. No matter what inflation grows to over the years, your policy is guaranteed to keep up with rising costs, your family will never pay additional funds toward services and merchandise.
GET ORGANIZED! Having your records organized makes it more manageable. The Personal Wishes Organizer comes with forms to assist you in recording, here are a few examples:
- Vital Statistics
- Military Records
- Insurance Information
- Emergency Contacts
- Special Instructions
- Interment & Funeral Services Requests
FREE, NO OBLIGATION CONSULTATION: You are under no obligation to prepay your funeral expense. In fact, many families find a great benefit in recording their decisions and selections ahead of time with a Personal Wishes Organizer.
A Family Service Counselor will meet with you and guide you through the process of planning by developing a Personal Wishes Organizer ahead of time which is part of a funeral home’s service to the community, and of course, is FREE.
Editor’s Note: This article was submitted by Vickie Hansen, Marketing Director with Myers Mortuaries and may be reached at 801-399-5613 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org