Connecting compassionate, quality care to our communities
New Bridge Medical Center, a clinical affiliate of Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences, is a 1,070-bed hospital located at 230 East Ridgewood Avenue in Paramus, NJ. The Medical Center is both the largest hospital and licensed nursing home in New Jersey and the fourth-largest publicly-owned hospital in the nation. The hospital changed its name to New Bridge in October 2017 when the not-for-profit company, Care Plus Bergen, took over as the management entity. Care Plus Bergen brings together the expertise of Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Integrity House, and Care Plus NJ, Inc., to form a groundbreaking collaboration that will revitalize and strengthen the high-quality, patient-centered care provided to patients, long term care residents, and the community served by the facility.
The Medical Center, including its Long-Term Care Division, is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Less than 6% of long term care facilities nationwide pursue and receive Joint Commission accreditation.
Families trust New Bridge Medical Center to provide comprehensive, high-quality long term care services for their loved ones. As a full service, accredited medical center, New Bridge provides a scope of services far exceeding those offered in a standard nursing home environment. Highly-trained, skilled staff provide nursing care focused on individual resident needs 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, as well as access to onsite, specialized physicians. Comprehensive medical or mental health care is always only an elevator ride away.
New Bridge Long Term Care specialty services include:
- Rehabilitation services, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy
- In-house respiratory therapy services
- 12-bed ventilator unit
- Surgical care
- Tracheostomy care
- Professional dietitians and chefs
- Hospice services
- Intravenous therapies, gastrostomy tube feeding, and advanced respiratory support services are available.
- A comprehensive wound care program
- Respite program
- Secure Alzheimer/dementia units
- Multi-faith pastoral care provided at bedside and in our interfaith chapel
- An onsite personal care salon with services offered in the salon or in the privacy of a resident’s room
- Diversified recreational therapy activities
- Community outings
- Flat screen TVs and Wii entertainment systems
- Game room
- Kosher meals provided upon request
- Dedicated Korean and Indian program meeting the cultural needs of those communities
The New Bridge LTC Admissions team helps families navigate the Medicaid process and are available to explain Medicare and other insurance coverage.
For more information or to schedule a tour call 201.967.4073 or visit newbridgehealth.org