Looking For an Active Adult Community in South Metro Denver?
As more and more baby boomers find themselves nearing retirement, many empty-nesters consider downsizing into something more manageable.
Moving out of the family home can seem like an overwhelming prospect. And once you do tackle the sale, where do you go from there? There are many options throughout the South Denver Metro area for seniors who are interested in living in low-maintenance, age-restricted neighborhoods. The active adult lifestyle communities featured below offer a plethora of amenities and senior-friendly activities. There are also quieter areas for those who prefer to stay close to home. Keep in mind, these neighborhoods are just a sample; an experienced Realtor can provide a complete, detailed report of maintenance-free and age-restricted communities in the area, and help you to explore more. Gleneagles Village, Highlands Ranch
- Single family and paired ranch-style homes.
- Gated community surrounding a golf course.
- Plenty of walking paths, trails, a charming clubhouse with swimming pool and fitness center.
- Access to local amenities and rec center facilities.
- Prices range from the low $300s to low $500s.
The Village, Highlands Ranch
- Non-gated community featuring detached-style patio homes.
- Walking trails and open space.
- Access to Highlands Ranch amenities and rec center facilities.
- Prices range from the $350s to the $450s.
Heather Gardens, Aurora
- Long-established community with condominium units, townhomes, and paired patio homes.
- Built around a golf course, with miles of walking paths.
- Central, modern recreation facility next to Rendezvous Restaurant.
- Classrooms, fitness facilities, swimming pool, activity coordinators, meeting and game areas.
- Prices range from the mid-$100s to the upper $300s.
Centennial RiverWalk, Littleton
- Condominium units with underground secure parking.
- Surrounded by a golf course and walking paths.
- Centrally-located clubhouse with dining room, kitchen, banquet rooms, full-service bar, exercise facility, library, billiards room, outdoor pool, and lounge areas.
- Priced from the mid-$200s to the low $300s.
Editor’s note: this article was submitted by Emily Lonborg, co-owner of The Steller Group of Keller Williams Realty. For more information, please call (303) 539-5228 or email Info@StellerRealEstate.com.
|Book / Edition
Colorado - Denver North Metro
Colorado - Denver South Metro